The Zambia CBNRM Forum is proud to announce a new upcoming project under BIOPAMA entitled:
Enhancing governance of CBNRM for better conservation and social outcomes in Zambia (EGC).
The project is being implemented by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) as the lead organisation with the ZCBNRM forum and the Copperbelt University as the implementers. the priority target areas include; the greater Kafue landscape – Mumbwa, Namwala, and Mufunta Game Management Areas. Lower Zambezi landscape – Chiawa, Rufunsa, and Luano Game Management Areas.
Priority(ies) for action that the project is aiming to address
a. Support for implementation of specific actions at specific sites through:
• Specific technical advice, eg for awareness raising on land policy and law that applies to GMAs (planned by Chiawa GMA).
• Impartial facilitation of stakeholder meetings to resolve specific issues at specific sites, eg encroachment (planned at Mumbwa GMA).
b. Peer-to-peer mentoring that enables stakeholders at one GMA to get practical advice and encouragement from stakeholders of another.
c. Generic capacity building on governance challenges and appropriate actions applicable to all sites. Based on our problem analysis this will cover:
• Equitable benefit sharing.
• Recognition and respect for rights
• Participation in decision-making
• Transparency and information sharing
• Fair and effective law enforcement